[mapguide-users] Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

Bill Dhimitri bill.dhimitri at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 6 09:25:20 EDT 2006

Willem,

This sounds like a known problem.  Here is what Ed posted about this
earlier:

It turns out that our shp->sdf conversion code was failing to insert a
feature from the source shp file into the destination sdf file whenever
the geometry property of the source feature is NULL.

The relevant Studio code has been fixed, and a patched dll has been
posted at
https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/40/Autodesk.MapGuide.Studi
o.Fdo.zip
<https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/40/Autodesk.MapGuide.Stud
io.Fdo.zip> . To apply this patched dll to your current Studio Preview
installation, unzip this dll, overwriting the existing one (ex:
C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\MapGuideStudioPreview\Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Fdo.dll)

Another way to fix this is to download and install the new Studio from
www.autodesk.com/mapguidestudio

Bill

  _____