1.0 Stability Problems

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Apr 14 19:49:59 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have been having problems with MapGuide Open Source Server locking up and
ceasing to respond on a Windows 2000 Server that is using the .NET web
extensions.  This has been happening about once a day.  When this does
occur, the MapGuide service cannot be stopped and I have to use the kill
command to kill the process and then restart the service.  The windows event
logs aren't very helpful since most of the events are after it has locked up
and are session errors (since the server is not responding).  The same with
the MapGuide error and access logs - there is nothing obvious.  Are there
any general, known stability issues at the moment or should I try to track
this deeper?  Any ideas where I can get some clues about what is causing the
problem?  This is the same server that has been running all the prior
releases and RC1 was the most stable, with no restarts needed.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com