[mapguide-users] RE: PHP -> .NET Active Selection

Kori Maleski km at pat.ca
Wed Apr 26 13:35:07 EDT 2006

Pass the Selection/Session to an aspx page using Invoke URL or Script.
Or use the GetSelectionXML() in your own clientside javascript - posting it to your page.

For example:  I send the selection to the taskpane:
function ShowReport() {

var selCount = mapFrame.GetSelectedCount();

if(selCount != 0){

GetTaskFrame().GetTaskPane().location.href = homePage.replace("/MapGuide/MapViewerNet/","") + "?SESSION=" + mapFrame.GetSessionId() + "&LOCALE=" + locale + "&MAPNAME=" + mapFrame.GetMapName() + "&SELECTION=" + mapFrame.GetSelectionXML();

}

}

My homepage is actually a handler that interprets the selection - then fires the proper report:

Dim l_sSelect As String
Dim l_sMapName As String
Dim l_sSession As String

l_sMapName = Request("MAPNAME")
l_sSession = Request("SESSION")
l_sSelect = Request("SELECTION")

MapGuideApi.InitializeSockets()
'InitializeWebTier()

Dim l_oCred As New MgUserInformation(l_sSession)
'connect to the site and get a feature service and a resource service instances

Dim l_oSite As New MgSiteConnection()
l_oSite.Open(l_oCred)

Dim l_oFeatureSrvc As MgFeatureService = l_oSite.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService)
Dim l_oResourceSrvc As MgResourceService = l_oSite.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService)

'Create a temporary map runtime object, locate the layer
Dim l_oMap As New MgMap()
l_oMap.Open(l_oResourceSrvc, l_sMapName)

Dim l_oSel As MgSelection = New MgSelection(l_oMap, l_sSelect)
Dim l_cSelLayers As MgReadOnlyLayerCollection = l_oSel.GetLayers()

Now you can play with your selection.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Pacific Alliance Technologies
Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL 403.770.1917 FAX 877.691.9149 TOL 877.691.9171 www.pat.ca <http://www.pat.ca/>