[mapguide-users] Keeping digitized lines

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Aug 1 20:46:26 EDT 2006

I was able to download and unzip without a problem.

There's some great stuff in those samples, I have to wonder why they have
not been made public?  A portion (the modifying maps and layers section) is
in the existing developer samples available for download from the OSGeo
site, but that's just a fraction of what's available in this new one.

The only potential sticky area for new users is the fact that the samples
are written in PHP and are dependent on the PHP Web Extensions being
installed and configured as your viewer.  Since I use IIS and .NET on my
development machine, I ended up installing the PHP web extensions (after it
already being setup with the .NET web extensions) and then configured the
mapguide\mapviewerajax and mapviewerdwf virtual directories to point to the
mapviewerphp folder (and corresponding default document) instead.  This can
be switched back to mapviewernet when needed.  I do hope there are plans to
provide these samples in .NET and Java as well.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com