Error with loading shp in MG studio

Swati Prabhu swatip at bonair.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 3 18:04:34 EDT 2006

Hello,

We are just starting to look into Mapguide OS/Enterprise and have run into
an issue with loading SHP files in Studio.
The error we receive is:
"Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object"

We are running this on a Windows box with IIS 5.1and the map server is
running successfully; the PHP sample Sheboyogan dataset displays just fine
in the web browser.

Per some suggestions in this list archive we have tried the following steps
with our data without any success:
---Loaded the latest copy of the Studio
---Ran the patched dll suggested by a developer
--- Created a shape file with just a single Polygon to troubleshoot this
problem
--- Reviewed permissions on the folder containing the shape file
--- Tried converting to various coordinate systems
--Rebooted !! :-)

We then tried loading the Sheboyogan map sample in studio and received a
"You are not authorized to view this page" message. Could there be a
permissions issue overall with our Studio setup that is causing our above
error? Any pointers to some documentation to help us proceed?

Thanks
Swati

Swati Prabhu,
Stanford University