[mapguide-users] OGR with postgis support

kenny at keniginc.com kenny at keniginc.com
Mon Aug 14 07:59:14 EDT 2006

Hi Kenneth and thank you for responding to this thread.

How do you edit the providers.xml?

It is my understanding that from the readme associated with the ogr
provider that I downloaded that you need to do 2 things:

1, add an entry, this entry:

   <FeatureProvider>
     <Name>OSGeo.OGR.0.1</Name>
     <DisplayName>FDO Provider for OGR</DisplayName>
     <Description>Access to OGR data sources</Description>
     <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
     <Version>0.1.0.0</Version>
     <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.1.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
     <LibraryPath>OGRProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
    </FeatureProvider>

to providers.xml and as you correctly stated, add the OGRprover.dll into FDO.

I have done these and restarted the mapGuide service.

If all goes well, when you go to Studio and attempt to add a database
connection, you should the OGR provider. Right now, I only see the
ODBC connection that I set up awhile back.

Did I miss something?