[mapguide-users] Still and still ODBC

Ivan Miličević ivan at ineo.hr
Thu Aug 17 04:49:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

As you all know I HAD a problem with ODBC connection when I select geometry
column.. I was suffering for about 2 moths but now I'm one of pleasant users
of MapguideOpenSource J

I tried everything, reinstalling windows, setting it on Canada regional
settings (I'm from Croatia), Robert Fortin from Autodesk was helping me
(thanks a lot Robert!) , installing new version of software, help (remember
Andy?Jasking for illegal  )...

Here is the solution:

-Install new mapguide server 1.0.1. and web extensions..

-Setting up OBDC FDO

-Copying all files from Mapguide/Server/FDO to Studio Preview/FDO

-Open Autodesk Mapguide Studio

-New data connection

-Setting it up (marking geometry table and setting collumns

-Pressing "test connection" and getting error message
(System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (559)
MgFdoException)

-Exit from Studio

-Open http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html ->ResourceServiceAPI ->
GetResourceData

-Enter the FeatureSource name  (Library://mdb.FeatureSource was mine) in
Resource ID field

-Enter "config" in Data name

-Submit -> Select all from XML document

-Copy it in visual studio or notepad and remove "-" from beginning of row's
(I'm going to name it XMLcont in text bellow)

-Remove dots from

<gml:boundingBox>

  <gml:pos>34.000000 8.000000</gml:pos>

  <gml:pos>154.000000 8.000000</gml:pos>

 </gml:boundingBox>

This should be looking like this (comma separated)

<gml:boundingBox>

  <gml:pos>34,000000 8,000000</gml:pos>

  <gml:pos>154,000000 8,000000</gml:pos>

 </gml:boundingBox>

-Find "ProviderEditorMap.xml" in Studio directory.

-Remove:

  <Entry>

     <ProviderName>OSGeo.ODBC.3.1</ProviderName>

<Editor>Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.UI.FeatureSourceEditors.OdbcEditor</Editor>

  </Entry>

-Open Studio and data connection

-Click on edit configuration file

-Copy XMLcont into config file

-Save and click on "Test connection"

That's it. I had a problem with posting coordinates into this XML file what
ever i put into regional settings. I repeat, I'm from eastern Europe and
people who have this problem can solve it on this way.

  _____