[mapguide-users] Oracle Spatial v/s Oracle Locator with MapGuide FDO

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Aug 31 00:55:25 EDT 2006

The native PostGIS FDO provider is expected to support quite a bit of functionality.  There will probably be some features that are not covered in this round though (FDO is pretty big)  If anyone else wants to line up to fund further development work after the first release, I'm sure that Paul will be taking names :)

There are also some items in the FDO spec that are not currently handled natively by PostGIS.  My hope would be that the PostGIS FDO users would help fund PostGIS development to the point where it can fully support the entire FDO spec, including things like full topology support, network/routing, dynamic segmentation, etc.  It's much better to do it that way than to code the functionality in the FDO middleware.

Jason