[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 Release Candidate 1 posted

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Dec 4 10:06:34 EST 2006

The MapGuide 1.1.0 release is now using the FDO GDAL provider as it's
default raster provider. At the time of the release the GDAL provider
does not include support for ECW files due to licensing concerns. For
the quickest response on this issue I recommend users visit the
www.gdal.org site to determine how to re-build GDAL to incorporate
support for ECW.

http://www.gdal.org/gdal_building.html

NOTE: In conjunction with the GDAL team, the FDO team will be posting
additional instructions on how to build ECW support into the GDAL
provider in the near future.

Greg