[mapguide-users] MgTileService - GetTile - Cannot establish connection

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Tue Dec 5 14:45:53 EST 2006

Does your map, by chance, reference any Oracle feature sources?  I don't know the details, but I know there are connection limits with Oracle.  Does your version of MapGuide support connection pooling?  If so, is it enabled?  If not, that could very well explain the problem you're seeing.

If the pooling is disabled then every GetTile request will open new connections to your feature sources, and in your case after 50-80 back-to-back tile requests the connection limits are exceeded.

Are the lower zoom threshhold tiles rendered more quickly than other tiles?  That would support this theory even more.

Walt