[mapguide-users] Finding data types on FDO fields.

Scott Hameister shameister at taylor-tech.com
Tue Dec 12 13:21:01 EST 2006

I'm trying to find out the datatype INT16, INT32, string etc. on a field in
an Authored Layer.

So far all I can find is a way to do this after making a selection and
Filtering. Is there a way to get a field list on the Layer object itself,
and determine what field type those fields have easier.We allow users to
zoom to objects in the map using whichever field they want, thus we need to
make sure we have the correct datatype before creating the zoom button which
then generates the Appropriate filter SELECT IN statement which we have to
then Quote the list or not.