[mapguide-users] How to display moving symbos on a map?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Dec 13 21:45:35 EST 2006

You can use MapGuide for this, but I think it would be a bit of
overkill.  It sounds like you want to use a lighter-weight web client
like OpenLayers (http://www.openlayers.org) or ka-Map (http://ka-
map.maptools.org) ... this type of client provides tiled maps (ala
google) and convenient functions for rendering client side features,
especially point locations, and dynamically updating their location
and attributes (i.e. changing an image) without reloading the map etc.

Cheers

Paul