[mapguide-users] RE: Please help me (ODBC configuraton problem)

farzad ghavam ghavam at ehealth.ir
Sat Dec 16 04:41:25 EST 2006

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your intrest, I overwrite your sended XML file, but It's
not correct, in "Connection Properties" , I have 5 items, the last
item is "GenarateDefaultGeometryProperty" that I can write any thing,
But I don't know what must be write, I attached a picture and point it.

thanks,
farzad

> Hi Farzad,
>
> The wrong editor is coming up in your Studio.  The editors for the
> feature sources are configured in the providereditormap.xml file in
the
> Studio executable directory.  There should be an entry for ODBC in
> there:
>     <Entry>
>         <ProviderName>OSGeo.ODBC</ProviderName>

<Editor>Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.UI.FeatureSourceEditors.OdbcEditor</Ed
> tor>
>     </Entry>
>
> I have attached a copy of the ProviderEditorMap.xml file that is
> installed with Studio.  If you overwrite your existing file with this
> version, you will get back to the default settings.
>
> Hope that this solves the problem
> Tom

Select
> > Microsoft Access driver.  Click Finish.
> > 3.  Enter a name for the datasource, and click Select button to
pick
> the
> > .mdb file.  Click OK.
> > 4.  Start MapGuide Studio and connect to a site.
> > 5.  Click File->New->Data Connection.
> > 6.  Select OSGeo FDO Provider for ODBC.
> > 7.  Choose the Data Source Name radio button and click on the "..."
> > button to select the datasource you created in step 3.
> > 8.  Under the Refine Data Setup, Click the Show Tables button.
> Click on
> > the Geometry checkbox CityLimit and SubCityLimity.  The X and Y
> Columns
> > should be automatically populate with CityLat and CityLon.
> > 9.  Save the datasource.  You should now be able to use this
feature
> > source to define a new layer.  Select the table (Feature Class) to
> use
> > (either Default:CityLimit or Default:SubCityLimit), and you should
> see
> > the cities geometries displayed in the layer preview.
> >

> > Ronnie

Site