[Mapguide_users] question about Web Studio.

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:18:38 EST 2006

Hi,

Webstudio lacks support for load procedures, weblayout and printlayout
configuration and presently only directly supports sdf and shapefile
feature sources (though it can be used to manage and display other
types such as rasters). In most cases, it's possible to work around
these limitations using the mapagent web utility included with
mapguide open source. If you search the list archives, you can find
examples of others creating various types of feature source using this
mechanism.

While the commercial Studio product from Autodesk is more complete and
offers many advantages, almost all tasks can be accomplished using a
combination of the web based tools (Webstudio, Mapagent and the Site
Administrator). There are also some advantages to tools of this nature
as they don't require installation and run on any platform with a
recent web browser.

Webstudio is included with the Mapguide Open Source default
installation and is also available in the project's svn repository.

I'm one of the developers working on this project. It is hoped that
others who would like to see it expanded will contribute code,
documentation or other support to enhance its capabilities.

zak

On 12/28/06, Maciej Skorczewski <maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Did you use Web Studio in yours project? Is it possible  to work without
>     Autodesk MapGuide Studio?
>
> Especially load new source data (sdf,shp, rasters), create maps.
>

> Where can i get latest stable release of Web Studio (or is it always
> include whit latest MapGuide Open Source)
>
> Is there anybody who work on this project and develop it?
>
> --
> Maciej

Zak James
Applications and Software Development