Fatal parse error

newjim j_oleary_ed at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 7 10:52:48 EDT 2006

I am working through the Adding Layers to a Map section of the Dev Guide
(page 67 ff). I have made an XML file from the parcels layer, which passes
the validation test in this line in the example code:

$domDocument->schemaValidate(
    "$schemaDirectory\LayerDefinition-1.0.0.xsd

It also executes the following lines with success:

$byteSource = new MgByteSource($layerDefinition,
    strlen($layerDefinition));
    $byteSource->SetMimeType(MgMimeType::Xml);
    $resourceID = new MgResourceIdentifier(
    "Session:$mgSessionId//$layerName.LayerDefinition");

However, it crashes at this line:
    $resourceService->SetResource($resourceID,
    $byteSource->GetReader(), null);

...with the error message:

An exception occurred in DB XML component. Error: XML Indexer: Fatal Parse
error in document at line, 1, char 1. Parser message: Invalid document
structureAn exception occurred in DB XML component. Error: XML Indexer:
Fatal Parse error in document at line, 1, char 1. Parser message: Invalid
document structure Exception occurred in method
MgResourceDefinitionManager.ValidateDocument at line 431 in file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp

Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Thanks