[mapguide-users] RE: Exporting as XML

Ben Trumbore ben.trumbore at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 7 14:28:52 EDT 2006

I think that the ">" in this filter may be causing the problem.  There
are five characters that must be "escaped"
<http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_cdata.asp>  when included in a layer's
XML (", ', &, < and >) to allow for proper parsing.  In this case, your
filter line should be:

      <Filter>YRBUILT &gt; 1950</Filter>

When a programmatically created layer model is serialized, this escaping
is peformed as part of the process.  If you create the XML directly, you
need to do it explicitly.

Ben