[mapguide-users] Image in Tooltip

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Jul 18 09:37:37 EDT 2006

I totally agree with your assesment that it does seem like MapGuide exceeds
some wait time and then issues another call to the image (and then another,
then another) resulting in the flashing appearance.  For me, this is a
sporadic problem.  Perhaps this is more of a problem with AJAX and Internet
Explorer since the problem does not manifest itself in Firefox.

Somebody at Autodesk was looking at this at one point as it was very easy to
replicate with one of Juan Butler's image generation page links.

You may want to process your images at the server at run-time to reduce the
file size.  In my implementation, that is what is happening.  The original
images are 800x600, but I'm using ASP.NET to produce a 200 pixel wide
thumbnail object.