SHP Load problem

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 21 14:05:54 EDT 2006

Hi There,

  There was a thread a while ago about loading sdf/shape files using the
mapagent's load resource service. A detailed solutions was provided by
Traian
(https://mapguide.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=321).
  I was trying this today and did manage to apply the solution with sdf
files but I am having trouble with shape files.

  The resource content looks something like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
   <Provider>OSGeo.SHP.3.0</Provider>
   <Parameter>
     <Name>rail.shp</Name>
     <Value>C:\temp\rail\</Value>
   </Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

I have set the Name parameter to diffrent values such as
DefaultFileLocation, empty string, name of the file with and without
extension. I have also played with the Value parameter (giving the path
to the directory, givin the full path to the shp file ...) .

When I execute the load resource, the feature resource is created but it
does not to seem valid. When creating a layer element in Studio, It
indicates that the data resource is invalid.

As I mentioned It worked with sdf files.  Do someone know what could be
wrong ?

Thanks

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst