"Proteced memory" error in Studio

Marcus Spurkel mspurkel at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 28 01:56:53 EDT 2006

I tried to upload a DWF file to my MapGuide server using Studio Preview
and got the following popup window:

     "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an
indication that other memory is corrupt."

Any idea what that actually means?  Could it be a corrupt DWF file, or
is it something incomplete in Studio (it's just a preview after all)?  I
had a friend try it on his installation and it did the same thing.
I can open the file just fine with the AutoDesk DWF Viewer (although it
does take a suspiciously long time to come up)...

As a followup, is there an alternate "manual" way of getting a dwf file
into the MapGuide server rather than using Studio?

-Marcus