[mapguide-users] WHAT IS WMS and WFS?

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Jul 31 03:30:00 EDT 2006

In short, they are two services that allow a program/service to retrieve
spatial data, using a web request (XML over HTTP).
The standard is  open, and most searches, leads to the specification.

WMS returns a raster image, where WFS returns feature data (in GML).

Mvh. Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
ks at geograf.dk
tlf: +45 48 16 67 14