[mapguide-users] WMS Error

Thomas M. Tuerke thomas.m.tuerke at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 1 12:46:52 EDT 2006

Hello Sacha,

Thank you for this information.

One thing I can recommend to help you render in EPSG:21781 is to use the MapGuide Studio to provide the bounding information for that reference system.  Since the layer seems to be "published" (shows up in the Capy Doc) I'm assuming that you're already familiar with the properties dialog in MapGuide Studio.  On that dialog, there is an edit control where you specify the bounds for the layer in question.  The syntax is a bit arcane (that's scheduled to change, though... ;-) and for now, you have to be very careful about typing things exactly correct (case matters, and don't forget the ending slash before the close bracket,) but it goes like this:

  <Bounds SRS="EPSG:21781" north="..." east="..." south="..." west="..." />

where each ... must be substituted with the corresponding extent value expressed in 21781 units.  When you omit bounds information, WMS falls back to some defaults in EPSG:4326, and that's probably what you're experiencing as far as distortion goes.  The fact that 21781 isn't listed in the bounds explains the 559; I'm assuming that the GetMap request is asking for SRS=EPSG:21781.

(I'll also have to verify that 21781 is supported in the projections library.)

Try that, and see if that 559 error goes away.