[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source Web Studio

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 5 21:03:26 EDT 2006

Andy,

You will be able to load data using Web Studio.  There is support for
it in the MapAgent via the SetResourceData operation.  This means
that we can upload files from the client machine directly to the
server.  However, this is not the same as a load procedure.  A load
procedure provides much more capability:

* you can upload multiple files at one time (i.e. all the files
associated with a shape file)
* you can convert supported files to SDF
* you can reproject files before uploading them
* you can generalize files before uploading them

While I am planning to support uploading only a single file at a
time, it would be easy to add multiple <input type="file"> to the
page.  The other items can not be supported using a pure web client.
They could be supported by implementing the functions in the web tier
or in the server.

Regarding web layouts, what I meant was that it will not support
creating or editing web layouts in this release.  A web layout would
not be horribly difficult to support in a future version.  The web
layouts are not, in any way, different.

Cheers

Paul