[mapguide-users] help, pass variables

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sun Jun 11 15:03:45 EDT 2006

In the layer definition, under the URL activated for feature section, you
should be able to create your full URL as long as your feature data has the
dynamic field(s) you are wanting to pass.  In the Text Expression dialog in
Builder mode, select Constant and type in your URL.  An example is:

http://yoursite/mapguide/yourreport.asp?key=

Then the next item in the expression will be from a Property where you
select the field, lets call it FEATKEY.  Viewed in the Advanced view, it
would look like:

concat('http://yoursite/mapguide/yourreport.asp?key=', FEATKEY)

If you need to concatenate from multiple fields, just keep adding to the
expression with Constants and Properties.

I hope this helps.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com