[mapguide-users] Google Maps and KML Support

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jun 13 15:55:02 EDT 2006

Hi Brad,

For Google Earth and Google Maps, I think that the best approach will be
a composite one with scale-dependant format choices.  Important
foreground features when you're zoomed in can be rendered as KML
features, while background layers can be sent as ground overlays
(images).  The new Region tag makes this pretty seamless in Earth; not
sure if these are supported in Maps yet.

If you haven't seen it yet, I posted a method for efficiently publishing
WMS to Google Earth 4 in my blog:
http://www.jasonbirch.com/nodes/2006/06/13/21/wms-on-steroids-kml-21-reg
ions-application

Jason