[mapguide-users] ScriptFrame...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jun 16 03:18:02 EDT 2006

Hi Willem,

The scriptframe is defined without any contents by default.  It's just a placeholder frame that you can use as the target for link-based actions on your task pages.  It allows you to easily perform actions on the map without having to reload the task page or perform a pop-up.  Look at the section "Calling the Viewer API from the Script Frame" in the developers guide.

The formframe is pretty cool too.  It allows you to create and submit a form on the fly.  You can set the target of this to the scriptframe too if you want the results to be hidden.

I've found the "DOM Inspector" that comes with FireFox (maybe the Web Developer Toolbar extension) to be really useful to see how the various sections interact.  I haven't been able to figure out how just binding the mouse events to a div allows it to be resized, but that's for another day.

Jason