[mapguide-users] No database connection via FDO/ODBC

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Jun 16 10:03:35 EDT 2006

What kind of ODBC data are you trying to read (does it have geometry of its own or just attribute data for a join)? You can try to use the OGRProvider I posted on Monday to access ODBC data sources if the ODBC provider is not cooperating for your data. However keep in mind, that the OGR provider currently assumes the geometry is stored in a WKT format, unlike the ODBC provider which lets you set X and Y columns. It would be trivial to update the OGR provider to let you set X and Y columns also, so let me know if you decide to give it a try, I will add that feature.

Traian

  _____