AW: [mapguide-users] No database connection via FDO/ODBC (3)

Stefan.Reuschel at dataprocess.de Stefan.Reuschel at dataprocess.de
Mon Jun 19 09:17:18 EDT 2006

Dear Mr. Stanev,

Thank you for your quick answer. I downloaded and installed your OGR driver, the OCI.dll is present, and the MapGuide Studio register for a new data connection shows me the columns for DataSource and ReadOnly. The providers.xml is updated, too.
However, I still was not successful even in connecting to a four letter (= minimal size) Access database. Continuously I get the "...(559) MgoFdoException Error...".
If anything I will check again for possible misconfigurations.

About the use of my DB: I want to create point objects from the X-, Y-coordinate columns in this database (like with MG 6.5), and show the feature data from the other columns in MG Studio's subframe.
A WKT-Column would be possible, but I will test that with that minimal test-DB at first. Others might be interested in seeing XY-columns too, so if you had the time to add this feature, it would be fine.

One question about the DataSource string for connecting (e.g. "OCI:system/dude123456 at orcl:MYSCHEMA.MYTABLE"):
On Windows, with an Access-DB: If I am logged in as (MapGuide) "Administrator" with password "admin" and have my DB named "testdb" with table named "mytable", will it work with "OCI:Administrator/admin:testdb.mytable"?  I'm not yet sure about the "@"-term in this string.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Stefan Reuschel

IT Consultant Informationssysteme
data process GmbH
Ludwig-Erhard-Straße 6
34131 Kassel
Tel: +49 (0)561 9301-1439  Fax: +49 (0)561 9301-1894
Email: stefan.reuschel at dataprocess.de
www.dataprocess.de
data process GmbH
Ludwig-Erhard-Str. 6