DigitizePoint

Jim OLeary j_oleary_ed at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 23 16:29:11 EDT 2006

How do you access the Point object in DigitizePoint()? The documentations says that you pass it a function as a handler, and it passes a Point parameter to that function.

The first problem is that my taskpane does not know what a point is, so I made one:

function Point(x,y) {
        this.x = x;
        this.y = y;
        }

Next I made a Point object named "o":

var o = new Point(1,0)

Next I made a handler for DigitizePoint:

    function digitizePointHandler(o)
    {

    }

Next I called the DigitizePoint function from another function:

    function getDigitizePoint()
    {
        f = new digitizePointHandler(o)
        parent.ViewerFrame.mapFrame.DigitizePoint(f)
        alert("o.x is" + o.x)
    }

Hopefully DigitizePoint() takes that o parameter and fills it with the x and y points that the user's mouse has clicked. However, the final alert shows that o.x is still the same as it was in the beginning.

Any help would be appreciated.

All new Yahoo! Mail