[mapguide-users] How can I link an external database to a feature

Bill Dhimitri bill.dhimitri at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 27 07:57:48 EDT 2006

Hi Manuel,

Step 1: Load your SDF file.  Once you have loaded your SDF file, a
feature source icon is visible in Studio's Site Explorer (the tree in
the left panel).

Step 2: Load your secondary feature source.  You can use Studio's File
New Load Procedure... or File New Data Connection... to do this.

Step 3: Open the SDF feature source (from step 1) by double-clicking on
its icon in the Site Explorer.  In Studio's main panel, you will see 2
sub-panels.  The top one is titled "SDF Features".  The bottom one is
titled "Join with other feature sources (optional)". Drag the secondary
feature source icon (from step 2) from the Site Explorer into the tree
view in the bottom panel.  Then use the bottom panel to select the
columns that define the join.

Bill

  _____