[mapguide-users] OGR Provider in FC4

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 27 08:44:37 EDT 2006

It could be several things causing this. I assume you compiled and
installed the provider successfully (by adding an entry to
providers.xml), since you get a Data Connection page for it in Studio.
One thing I would check is whether the libOGRProvider.so has missing
dependencies (by running ldd -r on it). Also check the MapGuide server
error log for any Fdo exceptions -- there should be a message if it
can't even create a connection to OGR. If you run the server from a
command line (using /interactive), you will also be able to see the
exceptions printed on the console (the OGR provider may also print some
debug information to the console that you won't see in the logs). Also
make sure the FDO version listed in providers.xml entry for OGR matches
the versions listed for the other providers (there are some overzealous
version checks in the 1.0 code).

Traian

  _____