[mapguide-users] RE: question to andy

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Jun 27 11:41:50 EDT 2006

Yes, I finally got KMZ to work in Google Maps.  It was a problem with the
way the zip (KMZ) file was being programmatically created and there were
some characters being appended at the end for some reason.  Google Maps
seems very sensitive to this and would not open the file.  But, the
resultant KMZ's opened fine in Google Earth and zip programs.  I am using
the SharpZipLib from http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/ to
produce the KMZ files.

The fix was to use .NET Response.OutputStream.Write of a the zip archive
after previously assigning to a buffer.  Before, I was using
Response.BinaryWrite of the
archive buffer.  In my case, In the end, it looks like it was a .NET issue.

Andy