[mapguide-users] MG Opensource config issues

rock well rockwell_001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 15:11:49 EDT 2006

Hi kenny, i havent set anything on the permissions, the installation has taken care of it. I mean i dont know why you are getting an authentication error. Well may be try changing the permissions of the mapadmin folder, it might give us a luck.

  As a matter of fact i am very new to mapguide, i installed mapguide like 2 days ago and i am dying to find some good examples in .net. I found this dotnetviewersample.zip but when i run it i get the error

  Resource was not found: Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout
Resource was not found: Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout Exception occurred in method MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument at line 483 in file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp

  Well i am still trying to figure out what caused this error.

  Sorry kenny i couldnt be much help to you.

  Kris

kenny at keniginc.com wrote:
  Kris,

Thank you very much for sharing this info with me. I have been so
frustrated by this, that this morning, I was thinking about
uninstalling and re-installing the entire thing, thinking that perhaps
something went wrong during the install.

The installing and configuration seem to be a breeze, largely because
the installed did everything for me. All I had to do was upgrade the
.net to 2...

Now, Kris, I had already created an application in IIS.

The question that I have for you, if you don't mind is, did you create
your own permission in IIS or did you let the installer do it for you?

I read from the manual that it is recommended that you leave the
permission just the way the installer did it but I noticed in mine
that some files were given the annonymous permission, some were, like
the mapviewernet were given the integrated windows permission.

Currently, this folder and associated files have the integrated
windows permission; yet when I open the studio, I get invalid
uername/password.

I have tried the Administrator/admin pair, no love, I have tried my
windows login, no help. I have even changed the mode in web.config
file from "None" to "Windows", no help. I even asked the web.config
file to impersonate user's login. Nothing seems to work at this time.

Since when I load my shape files, it is not visible in the map, the
only way to correct this is by previewing it in studio and since I
cannot view in studio due to various permission issues, I am a dead
man walking right now.

Any additional help will be GREATLY appreciated

Quoting rock well :