[mapguide-users] JSP not working with basic installation

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 10 16:48:47 EST 2006

Hi Pierre,

I recently ran into the same problem. I had to make a few changes to get
it working...

1)       Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to my Java
installation (in my case: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06)

2)       Add the following redirect statements to the Apache httpd.conf
file (located in C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\Apache2\conf) :

Redirect /mapguide/mapviewerajax/
http://<HostName>:<Port>/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp

Redirect /mapguide/mapviewerdwf/
http://<HostName>:<Port>/mapguide/mapviewerjava/dwfviewer.jsp

3)       Re-start the Apache server.

4)       Start Tomcat, by running startup.bat in the folder C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\Tomcat\bin

These steps are actually described in the following document, but
they're a little hard to find:

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/docs/InstallConfigureMapGuideOnWindows.pdf

I hope this information helps.

Chris Claydon.