[mapguide-users] New configuration problems

Robert Bray robert.bray at autodesk.com
Mon Mar 13 01:43:31 EST 2006

This may be a known issue. Would it be possible to zip up the SHP file
and send it directly to me (not the list)?

The second one is a bit easier, but not obvious. MapGuide security is
forcing the challenge response. The sample application gets around that
by pre-authenticating. If you look at the source code for the sample
application, the MapGuide Viewer is embedded within a frame (could be an
iframe). The PHP/ASPX/JSP that generates that frameset first
authenticates with MapGuide using an anonymous account, creates a
session, and passes that into the viewer.

Here is the code in ASPX (PHP and JSP is similar). In this code note the
creation of the sessionId variable followed later by the sessionId value
being passed into ajaxviewer.aspx. This is what you need to do to avoid
the viewer generating a challenge/response.

<%

// Initialization and error checking code removed

String webLayout =
"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout";

String sessionId = "";

     MapGuideApi.InitializeSockets();

     InitializeWebTier();

     MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation("Anonymous",
"");

     MgSite site = new MgSite();

     site.Open(userInfo);

     sessionId = site.CreateSession();

     MapGuideApi.TerminateSockets();

%>

<head>

    <title>Viewer Sample Application</title>

    <link href="styles/globalstyles.css" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css">

</head>

<frameset rows="110,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">

  <frame src="title.aspx?AppName=AJAX" name="TitleFrame" scrolling="NO"
noresize>

  <frame src="/mapguide/mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=
sessionId %>&WEBLAYOUT=<%= webLayout %>" name="ViewerFrame">

</frameset>

Bob

  _____