[mapguide-users] Legend Group/Layer Display

Kori Maleski km at pat.ca
Fri Mar 17 15:40:02 EST 2006

Hi Sara,

"Or are you talking about a situation where all layers in a group are
hidden in the legend (but visible in the map) and only the group name
shows up in the legend. So the group name would have a folder icon. And
users would turn on and off the group with one click (which in turn
would turn on and off all the hidden layers). Is this what you're
wanting?"

That is exactly what I am wanting.

It is a necessary ability to have when you wish to have combined group of
Raster or Vector layers appear as a single Layer, even though they are a
group.

An example:

I have two Road Label Layers - each referencing a separate SDF.
1st SDF appears 0 - 2500 - referencing detailed road segments (segmented at
every intersection) with Labels.
2nd SDF appears 2500 - 30000 - referencing generalized road segments
(segmented at major intersections) with Labels.

Both are in a group called 'Road Labels'.

Utilizing the two different SDFs allows road labeling to appear less
cluttered and more cartographically pleasing.

I want the group to be initially displayed in the map, and visible in the
legend.

I want the layers to be initially displayed in the map, but not visible in
the legend.

Currently MG Open will hide the Group and display the group and its layers
in the map.

I need to be able to toggle that group - like the ability in MG 6.5.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL
403.770.1917

FAX
877.691.9149