[mapguide-users] Custom layouts...

Kori Maleski km at pat.ca
Tue Mar 21 13:46:33 EST 2006

Jason,

I am going through the process of documenting the requirements for migrating
all of our municipal clients' MG 6.5 over to the new framework.  They are
all customized in the same fashion as yours.

If you drop your WebLayout into your required frame, with everything
defaulted off (the task panel, Toolbar etc.); all that remains is migrating
over the clientside Javascript.

mainframe.templ is the file you have to modify and use.

If you have a custom OnSelectionChanged command or ToolButton command you
would call or access these functions - just go through it and see which MG
6.5 javascript functions can be ported over.

I have had few issues moving my apps over.

The only hiccup is that modifications will affect all your hosted
applications - which raises questions regarding a hosted environment where
you have more than one application operating.

Is it possible to configure a webserver to have more than one mapviewer?

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL
403.770.1917

FAX
877.691.9149