[mapguide-users] A simple .Net sample

Steven J Reed sjreed at edcomputing.com
Mon Mar 27 16:34:27 EST 2006

Bob,

I think you are missing something.you gave a PHP example when the thread is
asking for a simple .Net example!  I suppose I can translate the PHP to Java
and go from there, but what I was asking for is a .Net example!

Even so, the simple example that you provided is the first simple piece of
code I've seen!

Simple .Net applications don't involve hard-coding stuff in HTML.  .Net
programmers are used to dragging an object from the Toolbar onto a page,
setting properties on the Property Pages, maybe writing some code in VB or
C# in the Page_Load method, and having the application work.  Once the app
works in a rudimentary form, they may add server-side event handling
routines to add functionality.  Almost as a last resort and/or to improve
performance, consideration is given to client side code.

Examples of .Net applications are typically distributed as .Net solutions or
projects, where the user can unzip a complete application and run it without
having to make significant changes. Really good samples are distributed in
both VB and C#!

.Steve

  _____