Experiencing Lag when Performing a Map.Save

Kori Maleski km at pat.ca
Wed Mar 29 17:53:14 EST 2006

Hi All,

Anybody else experiencing a lag when trying to save changes to a map?

I am trying to simply turn the Visibility of a layer on and the application
hangs while performing the save.

Dim l_oResourceSrvc As MgResourceService =
l_oSite.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService)

Dim l_oMap As New MgMap()
l_oMap.Open(l_oResourceSrvc, l_sMapName)

l_oLayer.SetVisible(True)
l_oMap.Save(l_oResourceSrvc)

*Hangs Here

Javascript Map Refresh follows...

Am I going about this wrong?
Or is there something I need to do differently?
Or is this the case of my map having too many layers/thematics?

Cheers?

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL
403.770.1917

FAX
877.691.9149