[mapguide-users] Check if service is running?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue May 2 02:44:51 EDT 2006

Well, I made some headway on this, but ran into a bug along the way:

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/servlets/Scarab?id=MG269

I could have sworn that I had reported this earlier, but I couldn't find it in the PT.  Basically NET START "MapGuide Server" does not work because of a name conflict with the "Server" service.  Anyone else see this?  The SC command (possibly another XP/2k3-specific command) appears to work because it only accepts the service name.

You can download a draft PHP CLI health monitoring utility here:
http://www.jasonbirch.com/files/mghealthmonitor.zip

Note, this utility is probably XP/Win2k3-specific. Let me know what you think.

Jason