FDO Provider for SDE

Dave McCann mccann.dave at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:01:31 EDT 2006

I've been testing various map configurations utilizing the ArcSDE FDO
provider for Studio with Mapguide/DOTNET in a Windows 2003 server/VMWare
virtual server environment..

There seems to be a significant performance issue and about 50% of the tiles
are displayed on the map at different scales with the ajax viewer.

I believe it has already been discussed in an earlier thread but the
mgserver.exe service keeps dropping about every few minutes but I have the
service set to auto-restart. Any ideas?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there anything that I can do to tweak the FDO to provide better
performance along with better map tile reliability?

Thanks,

Dave