[mapguide-users] DWF Viewer API for managing selections

Joel Carranza jec at gatekeeper.com
Thu May 4 18:11:46 EDT 2006

My end goal is to emulate 6.5 behavior in that i need to able to select
objects via map key and get the selected objects's map key. The problem I
see is that the feature ID appears to be some kind of internal ID and not
related back to a user specified property of the feature source (say for
example the PK of the database row). As such, I have no way to tie my data
to a feature on the map. Making an additional server side call seems kindof
ridiculous.

So my question is this:
- Can I somehow configure what the feature ID of a feature source is based
on? How do you currently generate feature IDs ?
- We are willing to accept the limitation of only selecting/getting the
selection of onscreen objects. How can I access attribute data for the
features that are currently visible on the screen?

Thanks,
--Joel

  _____