[mapguide-users] OnSelection Event?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri May 5 03:32:04 EDT 2006

There is an OnSelectionChanged function in the main frame, but it doesn't appear to be documented.

I've just tried playing around with this, and I got the following to work when inserted into the <head> of the ajaxviewersample.php file.  It does not appear to work with the DWF viewer; maybe why it's not documented?  Or it could just be that my code is bad :)

<script type="text/javascript" >

var originalOnSelectionChanged;
var initTimer = setInterval(watchInitialized, 200);

function watchInitialized () {
 try {
  if(ViewerFrame.mapFrame.mapInit)
    {
   clearInterval(initTimer);
   originalOnSelectionChanged = ViewerFrame.OnSelectionChanged;
   ViewerFrame.OnSelectionChanged = MyOnSelectionChangedHandler;
    }
   }
   catch(Exception) {}
}

function MyOnSelectionChangedHandler() {
   originalOnSelectionChanged ();
   var mapFrame = ViewerFrame.GetMapFrame();
   selCount = mapFrame.GetSelectedCount();
   alert("Selected: " + selCount);
}

</script>

From: Willem Schwarte [mailto:willem at giskit.nl]
Subject: [mapguide-users] OnSelection Event?

I suppose there is no onSelectionChanged event like in MG6.5. So this would be done on a onClick? Where would I put the code for this?