ISAPI versus CGI Stability

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu May 11 12:23:26 EDT 2006

I saw a mention of this on the Mapguide Enterprise beta forum and it helped
me, so I thought I would share it.  I do not recall seeing this mentioned in
this list or in Project Tracker.

If you install MapGuide Open Source on Windows for use with IIS, you are
instructed to configure the .fcgi extension for the mapagent virtual
directory to point to the isapi_fcgi.dll file.  It looks like the ISAPI
agent is the component that is having the stability issues I have been
fighting with since I installed R1.   After pointing the .fcgi extension to
the mapagent.exe file instead, my production server seems to be much more
stable.  It has been running under this configuration without a lockup for 4
days whereas it was locking up several times a day previously.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com