[mapguide-users] How to load raster?

Joseph Doherty jdoherty at Microdesk.com
Fri May 12 09:36:40 EDT 2006

I have seen parts of your question in a few threads so I will attempt to
consolidate from those sources.

1) Download the Raster Provider
(https://mapguide.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=35&exp
andFolder=35&folderID=35)

Follow the readme.txt instruction for installation, keep in mind that if
you have Studio and MapGuide Open Source Server installed on the same
box, there is an FDO folder under both product directories. My
suggestion, configure them both the same.

2) Now work up a couple jpegs or tiffs and related world files

3) Get the data into Studio and run the fix, so do the following:
-          In Studio, drag and drop selected images onto the "Data"
folder in the tree
-          Set Coordinates, file locations, name etc ... and Run the
Load Procedure
-          Then open the new "data" item that was created
-          At this point open a Notepad window and then back to Studio
-          In the "Configuration File:" section, click "Edit"
-          In the window that opens, select, cut and paste contents into
the Notepad window
-          In Notepad, search for all locations of "Band", it should
look like <Band name="RGB" number="1">
-          If the "number=" is something other than "1" then set it to
"1"
-          Select the contents of the Notepad and paste back into the
window in Studio
-          Click "Ok" and then "Test .."
-          A prompt to save the resource should appear, click "Yes"
-          Did the Test pass?

Let us know how it goes.

Mahalo,

Joseph Doherty