[mapguide-users] AW: RAM & RASTERS

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon May 29 16:20:09 EDT 2006

Thanks for sharing your site.  It is a perfect example of why the raster
provider needs to have support for non-bitonal image transparency.   Your
Kamloops_Raster layer is one large image mosaic with a black background.
Due to the image's need to be orthogonal, the remaining area is filled in
with the background color of black.  If we could simply specify that the
color black is the color to be treated as transparent, it would not block
out the information underneath.  This is one of my top wishlist enhancement
items for MapGuide.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com