[mapguide-users] NamedCollection reference

Knight, Gregory Gregory.Knight.bra at cityofboston.gov
Sat Nov 4 10:03:38 EST 2006

Thats a fair point -- I really hadnt thought of it like that.  Until this particular issue, the code base had been identical for both viewers.  I planned to support both viewers - and give users the choice - until such a point where this wasnt practical anymore.  I might be inclinded to drop the DWF in favor of the AJAX viewer at this time if it weren't for AJAX's inability to handle multi-line labels at the moment.

The javascript for the DWF viewer is in utilityfunctions.aspx - which gets loaded by dwfviewer.aspx (the parent application page) and called by by task page via the definition in my web layout.  (Does that make sense?)

In this case, I do not believe its possible to keep the script attached to a button - becuase I need to retrieve an XML selection from the viewer window - which the DWF viewer stores in the viewer itself -- unlike the AJAX viewer where this is stored/accessed from the server.  I am not certain of this, but was led to believe this by the feature / selection examples in Ch 3 of the Dev Guide.

Each of the viewers has a different home page -- AJAXviewer.aspx and DWFviewer.aspx respectively, and the user is free to choose between the two.

Question tho, if it wasnt intended for applications to support both viewers, why the option in Studio to specify the supported viewer? :)

I appreciate your thoughts... the wheels are turning a bit, and I may take a different approach heere.

Greg