[mapguide-users] perfomance test

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 6 17:27:58 EST 2006

Did you try to use a map instead of a hash_map? I have found
(empirically) that in most cases std::map will perform better than
std::hash_map.
Also for SDF I used a linear search approach -- look in
PropertyIndex.cpp, line 121. The provider maintains a list of the class
properties and their data type for quick access. The advantage of this
is that if you list the geometry property first, you will be paying
essentially no overhead to get the index of the geometry property.
However, linear hurts more than std::map if you have a large number of
attributes or you are getting too many of them.

Traian

  _____