Mapguide studio not working after reinstalling new setup

Farah farah at egovernments.org
Tue Nov 7 05:29:20 EST 2006

Hi  friends!!

I had installed the trial version of Autodesk Mapguide Studio 2007
(downloaded from the site: https://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html).
However, the trial version license expired after a couple of months and I
uninstalled the trial version and then installed the licensed edition that I
downloaded from the autodesk site. However, it  showed several issues like:
When creating a map, the zoom control would not show up. Also the tools to
zoom and pan would not work, etc. Some of my colleagues also ran into the
same problem.

I then installed the mapguide server, web server extensions and the Studio
in a machine in which these have never been installed before. The Studio
worked fine in this case. A colleague, having the same issues, formatted his
system and then installed Mapguide, after which things worked fine.

I am assuming that this problem has something to do with the registry not
getting cleared. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem. Is
there any way of clearing the registry,so that Mapguide Studio can be
reinstalled without showing any issues???? Do help.!

Regards

Farah