[mapguide-users] ODBC problem...

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Tue Nov 7 14:34:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:20:55 -0800, Andrew DeMerchant
<andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca> wrote:

> Ok, so I decided to give the ODBC FDO another chance...to see if it's
> any faster / better now than it was back in v1.0....It does seems to be
> a bit better, only I can't seem to get it to work completely.
>
> I can see the list of my tables...I can pick my geometry fields, etc.
> But I can't seem to get it to actually work. Either it's not reading my
> X and Y columns, or else it's reading them, but discarding the data for
> some reason....When I preview my layer, I see nothing. I've tried
> everything that I can think of...I've tried changing the field type
> (double, single, integer), I've tried various coord systems, I even
> tried deleting all records in my table that have empty X / Y
> fields.......Anyone have a solution? I've looked at the FDO docs, but
> don't see anything that can help me.

This is exactly what were experiencing with MapGuide Enterprise SP1 when
trying to join DB tables to our SDF layers. We can see all the fields from
the database but we get only empty maps. All works well when reading only
 from the SDF.

It looks like we will have to continue placing all our data inside the SDF
for a while longer.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.