[mapguide-users] Other Comparison Operators

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Nov 7 23:05:17 EST 2006

Yes, "attribute IN (value1,value2,...)" works well and, to my eyes, is easier to read.  I haven't seen a performance benefit (haven't been able to measure any anyway) to doing this instead of "attribute = value1 or attribute = value2 or ...", and the latter can be easier if you are building your queries dynamically.  If anyone else sees any performance differences with larger datasets (my tests were only on 10,000 rows) I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I'm pretty blown away by the performance that I get out of SDF by the way; not bad at all.  I also like being able to store my parcels, street address points, legal text, easements, etc all in the same file.  SQLite appears to have been a good choice.  It's too bad that SDF can't be modified using the SQLite tools.  I'd love to be able to add indexes, build views, etc...

Jason